Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Just a little update!


It amazes me sometimes when I sit and
think about where I am in life right now. Firstly, I am married to my best friend, and everything about that is amazing. Seriously, at the end of the day, I just feel so extremely lucky to have Glenn in my life and to be able to share everything with him. We have been having the most insane, magical, adventurous days lately. If that's not enough, then secondly, my internship has been going amazingly. I cannot comprehend how 3+ years ago, I thought that it would be a dream come true to live in Reston. And now, I'm working there, which is basically only like one step away.

For those who don't know, I'm interning with Reston Association, Parks & Rec division. It's been so much fun! In the morning, I go out with the field guys and pull invasive weeds and perform other various errands in Reston's natural areas, and then after lunch I get to sit my butt in an A/C office and play with GIS for the rest of the day, which is ridiculously fun to me. I'm excited to get some hands on GIS experience, because ultimately, I think that's the kind of job that I want. The outside work is exhausting, especially with the 100*+ heat we've been having, but it's so great to have some diversity and not have to do the same thing all day long.


Thirdly, and something that amazes me daily... I'm living in the south which is one of my dreams turned into reality!! It's so great to know that someday when I look back, this decision will be one that I will treasure having made. There are so many things in life right now that I feel so grateful for. I am happy!

But, there are definitely the hard parts too, that keep this from being exactly what I would want it to be.

I miss my friends and having them randomly drop into my parent's house to watch The Office and eat sushi on Saturdays, or watching the most terrible, awful movies about people being sewn together. I hate the fact that I cannot be there all the time to perform my very important MOH duties, such as look at bridal magazines together. I hate missing the opportunity to see out of town friends when they go home to visit. I miss delish meals and relaxed visits with my married friends. I miss picking Zoe up from daycare on Mondays and playing together for a few hours with Uncle Glenn. I miss working with my dad every day. I miss sitting on the back deck with my mom and trying to de-stress each other. I miss my sister and just being able to call her and say that I wanted her to come over and hang out and she'd be there within an hour.

So, how about you all just move down here with me, so it will be perfect?!

It is hard to be away, but when I do get the chance to visit NY, it seems waaayyy more exciting than it ever did when I lived there. There is always something to do or someone to see since there's only such a short amount of time to squeeze it all in.

I feel like it's so hard to strike a perfect balance, because so much of want I want in my life is where I am at right now. But so many people that I need in my life are so far away. I miss you all, and I think about you every day!!


Lovely little piece of breakfast made for me by my hubby! <3

1 comment:

  1. Awwww I am crying after reading your blog. I am SOOOOO happy that your dreams are coming true! I am realy trying to get us down there so that there is less than an hr between us! It will happen, it;s just a matter of when and how. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete