Wednesday, March 30, 2011

2 successful nights!

The chicken parm burgers came out SOO good! I was a little threatened by using ground chicken since I never have for anything before, but it was easy. Ground chicken sticks to your hands wickedly, and I found the solution is to wet your hands. I also had to cook them more than what the recipe calls for, maybe it's me being crazy about raw chicken, maybe the temp on my stove top wasn't high enough, either way I ended up cooking it about 6-7 minutes per side.

Here's a picture of the final product

and here's a link to the recipe!

The pulled pork I knew would be a sure thing. Glenn uses this recipe, and it's like fool proof. Perfect for me. I always buy pork butt (not actually butt, its a shoulder cut with the bone in). And wayyy too much because I love leftovers! I bought 4.5 lbs this time. Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:
Pork Butt (4.5 lbs seems to be enough for leftovers like 2 or 3 times for 4 adults)
2L coca-cola
BBQ sauce (we use Sweet Baby Ray's original)
Sandwich Rolls (also a preference, we like potato rolls!)

Put the pork into the crockpot, cover with coca-cola (it usually takes a whole 2L for me, but I get huge cuts and my crockpot is pretty big). Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or until the pork falls off the bone.
Take the pork out, pull it, discard the bone. Shred the pork with two forks, or with your fingers. Discard any fat. (The most tedious part of the recipe, if it isn't cooked enough, this can take FOREVER!) Discard the coca-cola, rinse the crockpot.
Put the pulled pork back into the crockpot, add BBQ sauce to coat all of it.
Cook on low for another 1-2 hrs, stirring every 20 or so minutes.


Tonight I was going to do the spinach stuffed turkey tenderloins, but Miriam is going to home for dinner tomorrow night, so we're going to have leftovers tonight instead and the turkey tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. WOW I MISSED THE CHICKEN PARM BURGERS AND I DIDNT EVEN KNOW!! BUMMER! (did i just say bummer?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You use soda for pulled pork?! That's weird! Lol. I've never made it so i wouldn't know. Interesting though. Might have to make it for Shane soon.

    ReplyDelete