Sunday, March 20, 2011






Virginia has been treating The Perrigos pretty well. Glenn is quickly learning and excelling at his job (as expected). I'm addicted to the classes at my gym. I'm now a full member of Xsport Fitness, and I love it!

At this point I'm way too scared to go by myself, so I haven't gone all weekend (Mim's been in NY) and it's just about KILLED me to stay away. That is my bedazzled gym card =]

Last week had its stressful moments. Glenn and I attempted on Monday to get our VA licenses. We both failed. Glenn had issues with NYS DMV to resolve (which we didn't know about prior to our VA DMV trip) and the paper I've been using as my birth certificate is not accepted as proper identification in VA! Glenn got the NY thing straightened out and we went back on Thursday and got his license successfully. Miriam and I group efforted corned beef and cabbage for St. Pattys day (not without spilling blood, unfortunately). Mim's okay though, DJ Brotherman is a good little nurse. Along with all of that craziness, I also highly considered dropping out of my program at Johns Hopkins. I attempted to figure out what I'd owe back from my student loans. It was an excruciatingly awful process that nobody in the world seemed to be able to help me with. I finally got an answer on Thursday evening, and it wasn't good. So I made the decision to stick it out, finish the program, and get a degree. Even if it's not what I'm passionate about, it will be able to land me a job.

The weather was gorgeous all last week, feeling much more like summer than spring with temps up to 80*! Spring has sprung and there's evidence all around. I am most excited to see the cherry blossoms in full bloom. {{So Soon!}} I'm also excited for the beginning of April because my lovely TwinFace mamBa is coming down to the DC area, and I will be able to see her and hang out for a while.

Friday night we tried dinner at Dogfish Head Ale House. It was delish and the service was excellent. I cannot believe the amount of restaurants there are around here, it's so overwhelming.

Yesterday, Glenn and I went geocaching for the first time since we've lived in VA! We had errands to run, so on our way out and between places we found a couple. It was nice to see that there are still green spaces in all of this smushed residential, urban sprawl chaos. I cannot wait to have an entire day to dedicated just to geocaching again. It was like coming back to life after a winter of conscious hibernation.

Oh we picked up a geocoin too! That was pretty exciting. Glenn and I combined our user names so we don't have to double log every cache, and so we can share geo coins and travel bugs rather than decide who gets to log them. It makes more sense because neither of us geocache without the other. Our new name is pretty clever, if I do say so myself. Mr&MrsDellCreek... =] Get it?? We didn't want anything too literal, and it seemed pretty befitting to make it something "nature-y". I had to get back at a decent hour to work on my mid-term paper. I got a break at night, Glenn and I ventured into DC to take pictures of this "super moon". Too bad it was "super lame". The night before last night though, it was so bright, when it shone in my bedroom window, it woke me up and I thought it was somebody standing in front of me with a flash light. Pretty freaky. I had to wake Glenn up. We took some pictures at the Washington Monument, the White House, and then crossed back over the river and took pictures at the Iwo Jima Memorial. Definitely my favorite view. By the time we got home, we watched some TV and I passed out on the couch. So much for working more on that paper. I did spend the good part of today finishing it (and all of my other homework). I'm very excited to have a week off from school work, it's our spring break! Half way through my first semester of grad school. Only... oh... about a million more to go after this.

So while all of this is very exciting and new and fun, I am missing my family and friends so much. Letters definitely help! Rachel completely turned a really crappy day around this week. It's like, her words just cleared my head and helped me to make a decision. If you know me, I cannot make decisions to save my life, so it was like therapeutic to just read some nice words from somebody I love very much.

It's so hard to know that I'm not picking Zoe up from daycare tomorrow. She seems to change so much between each skype date. She does this hilarious thing when she's thinking now. She makes a concentrating face and puts a finger to her chin. I almost died the first time I saw it. She is such an amazing little human being and it's very very difficult to not be there to hug, play with, and learn with her. Her 2nd birthday is next month, and I cannot even comprehend that this precious little baby is going to be 2 years old already. Her growth and progress since being a tiny little 2lb 3 oz peanut is so miraculous. AWww I miss her.

In other news, Glenn and I are quickly approaching our 1 year anniversary (oh, and 7 years of being together!) We discussed taking a trip, and as of right now, we are talking about going to Mexico. We will see what happens, we get our taxes back this week, so we want to pay off some credit cards and put some aside for a potential trip. We've got frequent flier miles, so we'd just have to pay for the all inclusive resort *$800*. Definitely the cheapest I've found with decent reviews. If anybody has any other suggestions, we are open. Our only requirements are that it's on a beach and it's all inclusive.

This week I am excited to get back into the swing of things with the gym *ZuMbA tomorrow, even if Mim isn't awake after her long trip tonight, I think I might do this one alone. I have to find a Kay Jewelers asap this week. I went to get my rings inspected yesterday, and the guy told me the middle diamond of my engagement ring is loose! Yikes! Gotta send it in and get it tightened and replated. Other than that, I have no solid plans. Hopefully the job search will continue.

Other than that, there's not much else to say. Here's Roxy with a toy that was once Zoe's, then Lola got a hold of it, then it traveled with us to VA and became Roxy's twin.


1 comment:

  1. So much happioness from sucha beautiful person. I miss you so much Brookles.

    ReplyDelete