Sunday, March 27, 2011

Snow?!

While I don't expect any of you NYers to be pitying me, we woke up to snow here this morning! That's just silly, considering last week it hit 80.

Last week started with zumba! (Of course, every Monday is now zumba!!) The week got really exciting when Glenn and I got our tax return back. We are putting most of it towards paying off some credit cards/student loans, but we took a little bit out to plan a trip for our 1 year anniversary. I'm super excited because we got a great deal on a 4 star all inclusive resort in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. We ended up saving 60% off of the original rate. We booked our airfare with frequent flier miles. So this trip, although quite big for an anniversary trip, is quite cheap compared to what somebody less frugal than me would pay for the same exact thing. We booked a superior sea view room. Very important to have a view of the water =]

I am still loving the classes at the gym. I actually took two classes on Thursday. Hopefully I can keep up going at least 4 times a week. I need to get in shape for Mexico in 2 months, 1 week, and 1 day!!

I started little tickers on my phone to countdown to all of the things I have planned up until June. Here it is so far...



I can't wait to add more on to it. Which by the way, brings me to my next topic. I'm coming home for a few days in mid April for Zoe's birthday party. I'll be around April 13-17, with very few plans (Zoe's party on Saturday... that's it...) So... if anybody is free, I would like to see everyone! Please let me know!!

Friday night I finally got to see my beautiful Sam~i~ness. It was so nice to hang out and catch up, I definitely missed seeing her and am very excited that we live so close now!

I'm very excited that the next two weeks are all about the cherry blossoms. I dont know how
they are fairing because of the cold weather overnight, but I hope that they're okay. The cherry blossom festival goes on for the next two weeks, with parades, fire works, music, arts & crafts, vendors and food! We are going into DC next weekend to do some celebrating.

Yesterday when DJ got out of work, we went to a Thai/Japanese restaurant in Arlington. I bought a groupon $20 for $40 worth of food. It was so worth it. Very delish. Glenn and I got duck spring rolls, a bagel roll (smoke salmon, cream cheese and jalepeno), and I got chicken lo-main.

If you don't use groupon or living social yet, I would definitely recommend it! It's a good opportunity to save on things you probably would have bought anyway. Glenn and I got 2 movie tickets for $9 from livingsocial. I love saving money.




Random things I did this week.

-Saved a lost puppy
-Made penne ala vodka & chicken
-Found Belle's dress in adult size
-Got some Fruity Yogurt
-Found Waldo
-Almost had a heart attack from the amazingness in the Disney store
-Played DD for a way overloaded civic









2 comments:

  1. Omg!!!!!!! Is that the hotel?!?!!!! WOWWWW....SOOOOOOOOO EXCITED FOR YOU TWO!!!!! AAHHHHH!!! We are getting out butts to the gym early for the rest of the summer to warm up on the elipticals!! Also...we prob only have a few more days to get 50% off of massages and nails n spa stuff and the gym. ANDDD we need WAYYY more tropical dresses for you for Mexico!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for our fun dinner date =] Can't wait to hang out and do something Cherry Blossomy this weekend =]

    ReplyDelete